How to Motivate an Introvert – 11 Meaningful Quotes
I believe in words. I’m aware of their impact, so I always (try to) choose mine carefully. I’ve said this before: If I am to transmit anything, I want it to be hope.
But there are moments when I can’t properly express my feelings. Other times, I want to know if I am the only one feeling what I feel. Does that make sense?
As introverts living in a world where extroverted characteristics are more appreciated, we need to know we’re not alone in thought and feeling. What do you do in that situation?
I usually turn to quotes and music. Today’s article is about the former. If you’re in a dark place, or simply need some encouragement, these are for you.
Firstly, I chose some quotes about characteristics of introverts. See if you feel understood after reading these.
Being an Introvert is like….
- Introverts tend to avoid small talk. We’d rather talk about something meaningful than fill the air with chatter just to hear ourselves make noise. Jenn Granneman
Who else loves having deep topics with someone who gets it? We were not made to discuss trivial topics, were we?
- I am lonely, yet not everybody will do. I don’t know why, some people fill the gaps but other people emphasize my loneliness. Anais Nin
I love being alone. I spend much time by myself. To be honest, I find it refreshing and enjoyable. I need my music, a cup of freshly made coffee, my blog, and I shall be happy.😊 However, I get lonely sometimes. But now everyone is right to make the feeling vanish.
This is something that many introverts have to learn: if you feel you’re not enough or too much for some people, they are not YOUR people.
- Sometimes we want to be left alone, sometimes we want to be included; most of the time we want to be included with the option to be left alone. Unknown
Okay, if this quote was not relatable, you might not be an introvert. Excited for the next one?
- As an introvert, you can be your own best friend or your worst enemy. The good news is we generally like our own company, a quality that extroverts often envy. We find comfort in solitude and know how to soothe ourselves. Laurie Helgoe
I strongly appreciate quotes that make introverts aware of their qualities. We generally blame ourselves for not being this and that, but in fact, we have many qualities waiting to be discovered. Knowing ourselves well is one of them.
- Introverts dislike small talk, but we are fluent in the language of ideas and dreams. Michaela Chung
How beautiful! Lucky us!
- I have a feeling that inside you somewhere, there’s somebody nobody knows about. Alfred Hitchcock
We do enjoy mysteries. We are skilled at hiding. We do it so well and often, that we sometimes forget who we really are. Remember to seek and make the best of your essence, fellow introvert!
How to motivate an introvert? With more quotes, of course.
- Most inventors and engineers I’ve met are like me. They’re shy and they live in their heads. The very best of them are artists. And artists work best alone. Steve Wozniak (Apple)
- You shouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. Eleanor Roosevelt
- The most important thing to know about being an introvert is that there’s nothing wrong with you. You’re not broken because you’re quiet. It’s okay to stay home on a Friday night instead of going to a party. Being an introvert is a perfectly normal ‘thing’ to be. Jenn Granneman
- Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. Michael Jordan
- We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already. We have the power to imagine better. J.K. Rowling
Why Introverts Are Awesome
I’m not a motivational speaker. And my purpose is not to become one. But I would love to know that each and every introvert tries to find the beauty in who they are. Introverts are awesome because they have a lot to transmit through means other than spoken words. Introverts care deeply and dare to imagine a better world.
Fellow introvert, you have all it takes to change the world quietly.